Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department is situated on the ground floor of the Hospital in the general administration area.
The Medical HR Department is situation on the lower ground floor of the Hospital.
|Ms Suzanne Grant||Director of Human Resourcesemail@example.com|
|Ms Sinead Buckley||Human Resources Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Simon Ledwith||General HR Administratoremail@example.com|
|Ms Fiona Burns||Medical HR Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Telephone 01 634 3671 for General HR enquiries
01 634 3615 for Medical HR enquiries
Fax 01 676 1858
The Human Resources Department at the Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital was established in 2001 following the completion of an Organisational Review.
The introduction of a centralised Human Resource function was deemed essential to establish Human Resource Management as a key part of our service delivery and to consolidate the Human Resource workload.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Human Resources Department pursues a strategic and coherent approach to the support and development of the Hospital’s employees.
The Department provides a comprehensive human resources service to all managers and staff. We aim to provide and promote a best practice approach in all aspects of the Human Resource function. We are constantly aiming to develop and improve our HR policies and procedures to meet continually evolving employment legislation. At all times we endeavour to be transparent and fair when dealing with staff, and to maintain the individual’s integrity and right to be treated in a confidential manner. We are committed to ensuring that the quality and dedication of our staff promotes continuous improvement in patient care and contributes to the positive experience of all patients within our organisation.
The aim of the HR Department is to help the Hospital reach its potential through its staff and promote a positive working environment. We aim to achieve this through the following –
- Recruitment and Selection:The Department’s objective is to attract and retain high quality candidates whose experience and expertise will contribute value to the Hospital in the future. The HR Department oversees recruitment competitions, preparation and maintenance of employee contracts and also makes arrangements for Garda Vetting and pre-employment medicals. The HR Department provides assistance and support in probation management, the department is also responsible for induction, staff development and manpower planning.
- Industrial/Employee Relations:The HR Department provides advisory and support services to Line Managers in relation to best practice employee relations and people management. The HR Department represents the Hospital at third party hearings and in negotiations with staff representative bodies. Along with this the compliance and implementation of national agreements is an essential part of the HR function.
- Training and Development: The hospital promotes investment in our staff to make us ready for new skill requirements in an evolving work environment. The Director of Education and Research oversees an environment of continuous learning and development within the clinical departments
- People management support and advice The HR Department provides advice to Line Managers and staff in relation to HR policy and procedure, terms and conditions of employment and on the management of statutory and non-statutory leave arrangements, including sick leave, maternity leave, parental leave, career breaks, carer’s leave etc , The Human Resources staff are always available to provide advice, support and guidance to employees and line management.
- HR Administration:The Department is responsible for employment control statistics including census returns, absenteeism returns, HSE information requests, parliamentary questions and the production of statistics to provide supervisors and line managers with the tools to manage their depts.
- Time and Attendance Management. Monitors the electronic time and attendance system, to record T&A, advise managers on employee attendance patterns and return to work interviews and with the assistance of the Occupational Health Physicians ensure the health and well being of our staff.
- Best practice policies and Procedures: The hospital strives to put in place best practice policy and procedures in all aspects if HR managements in line with best practice national policy.
- Medical Manpower Management
The Medical HR Department is responsible for the recruitment of Non-Consultant Hospital Doctor (NCHD) Staff. The primary intake of NCHD staff takes place on a bi-annual basis in January and July and the Medical HR Department aims to attract the highest calibre of medical professionals to our three medical specialties:
The Hospital offers an unparalleled opportunity to train in these specialities and the Medical HR Department strives to maintain excellent relations with the appropriate bodies that oversee the medical profession and medical education and training in Ireland.
The Medical HR Department is responsible for handling all general and administrative queries relating to NCHD employment terms and conditions. The Department processes NCHD overtime and education refund claims. The Medical HR Department also manages Allied Health Professional, NCHD and Consultant leave and compiles and distributes weekly rotas and on-call rosters for Consultant, SpR, Registrar and SHO staff.
Another major function of the department is to provide administrative support to clinicians in management in the fulfilment of their roles including facilitating meetings, management of agendas, minute taking and complaints management. The Department provides administrative assistance to the Medical Director, the Chair of the Medical Board and the Heads of the Departments of Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and Anaesthesia.
Human Resources Department
Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00 (closed for lunch 13:00 – 14:00)
Medical HR Department
Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 (closed for lunch 13:00 – 14:00)
View our vacancies here
The Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital is an equal opportunities employer