Accessing medical records
How do I get a copy of my medical record?
You have the right to access information about you that is held by the hospital.
To get a copy of your own medical record, please email or write to us at the address provided below. In your email or letter, please include:
- Your family name (surname)
- Your first name
- Your maiden name (if relevant)
- Your date of birth
- Your contact telephone number
- Your current address
- Your previous address (if you were living at a different address when you first came to the hospital)
- Details of the exact records you are requesting
- A photocopy or scan of your passport, driving licence or other official form of identification
Please send your letter and photocopied documents to:
Routine access administrator
Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital
Alternatively, you can send your letter and documents by email to email@example.com
How long will it take?
The time it takes to process your request can vary depending on the records you are looking for and how many other requests are being processed at the same time. However, we aim to get your records to you within 40 days.
Contact the routine access administrator
If you have a query, you can contact the hospital by phone or email.
T: 01 7088552