The Quality and Safety Department is situated on the lower ground floor corridor of the Hospital.
Tel: +353 1 708 8549
+353 1 708 8528
Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00
The Quality and Safety Department at the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital was established in January 2004.
It was founded following the identification of a necessity for a centralised Department in order to ensure the Hospital complies with all relevant legislative requirements and to drive the implementation of best practice in all aspects of Quality and Safety Management.
The Department has an essential role in ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors and staff. This role is underpinned by the Hospital’s commitment to achieving the highest standards of patient care in all its activities.
In 2011 a quality focus was added to the department with a particular emphasis on National Standards and Accreditation.
The following are the main aims of the Department
- Drive the Quality agenda on hospital committees and coordinate a formal accreditation programme for the Hospital.
- Promote service user involvement in service delivery.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators and Quality Improvement Plans.
- Develop effective risk management policies to promote the safe clinical practice.
- Develop and implement a Quality and Safety Program for the Hospital.
- Implement Hospital Policy in relation to the Freedom of Information Act 1997 as amended 2003.
- Assisting where appropriate with the staff educational program in relation to Quality and Safety.
- Develop effective health and safety management policies to promote safe working practices and procedures.
- Provide expert advice in order to assist management in ensuring the health and safety of patients, visitors, and employees.
- To promptly resolve service user’s concerns or complaints.
We aim to provide and promote a best practice approach in all aspects of Quality and Safety Management within the Hospital. We strive to attain the highest standards of Quality and Safety Management at all times in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and staff.