Making a Complaint / Giving a Compliment

We welcome your complaints and comments and will endeavour to use them in an effort to improve our services. The hospital recognises that from time to time you may feel dissatisfied with the service you receive. When this happens, you have the right to complain. You have the right to have this complaint investigated and be informed of the outcome in a timely fashion. You also have the right, if the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, to make an appeal, which will be considered by the C.E.O. (and/or other members of the management team considered appropriate by the C.E.O.)

What do I do if I am unhappy with the service I have received?

If you are a patient or visitor, it is best to try and get these problems sorted out immediately by talking to a member of the hospital staff. This staff member will contact the appropriate head of department. Alternatively you can have your issues addressed by writing to the Complaints Co-ordinator.

What happens when I make a complaint?

You can write to the hospital Complaints Officer or fill out a ” Your Service Your Say” feedback form and place it in one of the many feedback boxes located throughout the Hospital. All written complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days. Each complaint is registered and then sent to the appropriate senior manager who will respond to your complaint.
The hospital endeavours to resolve the issues within 30 working days. However, sometimes, if your problem is complex our enquiries may take longer. If a delay occurs, we will write to you and advise you of the delay.

Complaints may be addressed to:

Quality and Safety Department
Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital
Adelaide Road
Dublin – D02 XK51
Tel: +353 1 7088549

What do I do if I am happy with the service I receive?

Staff at the hospital are always delighted to receive positive feedback about the services we provide. If you wish to either give a compliment on the service or simply make a suggestion/comment, you can fill out a “Your Service” feedback form and place it in the feedback boxes provided. You can also contact the appropriate head of department who will ensure the relevant staff/department are informed.